Loading...
 

Agricultural Water Resources Assistance Program (AgWRAP)


The Agricultural Water Resources Assistance Program (AgWRAP) was authorized through Session Law 2011-145. The program is administered by the NC Soil and Water Conservation Commission through local soil and water conservation districts.

The purposes of the AgWRAP are to:

  • Identify opportunities to increase water use efficiency, availability and storage
  • Implement best management practices (BMPs) to conserve and protect water resources
  • Increase water use efficiency
  • Increase water storage and availability for agricultural purposes

The Soil and Water Conservation Commission allocated 65% of available BMP funding for district allocations for all approved AgWRAP BMPs. The remaining 35% will be allocated for new ponds, pond repair/retrofits, water collection and reuse systems, conservation irrigation conversions, and micro-irrigation system conversions through a competitive regional application process.

Non-Discrimination Statement:

The Wilkes Soil and Water Conservation District prohibits discrimination in all its programs and activities based on race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age disability, political beliefs, and marital or family status. (Not all prohibited basis applies to all programs.) Wilkes SWCD is an equal opportunity provider and employer.